Monday, August 13, 2012

When the Boys are Away...

Well, Justin left for his camping trip this weekend. He was so excited he looked like a little kid at Christmas. He spent two days packing, cleaning guns, and pretty much put everything on hold until he came back. We even had to eat dinner at the living room coffee table because there was so much camo and hunting gear on the kitchen table.

You may not realize, but the mosquitoes here are approximately the size of small birds. Justin decided to invest in one of these for the weekend. I think its a nice look for him. He said if I was lucky, he would spend $2 on me at Christmas and get me one! A girl can dream....



It was a quiet weekend at home for me. I enjoyed cooking and cleaning on Saturday because a sweet new friend from across the street came over for a little girl time while the boys were enjoying the great outdoors. It was so much fun cooking and using all the nice new wedding presents for presentation (because I know she would appreciate it just as much as I did). We enjoyed talking and sharing stories about how we are going to survive the winter. She is from Florida and so I am not the only one about to learn how to drive a pick-up truck in the snow!

Some of the yummy food we munched on during our girls night in!



It was nice when Justin got back on Sunday afternoon. I was ready for some more company and help eating leftovers from my Saturday feast. However, within 10 seconds of him being back.... the clean and neat house turned into this:
 



I may not have a job yet... but he is keeping this housewife pretty busy cleaning!

1 comment: