Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy Wife= Happy Life

Well, most of you know... Justin can be a smooth talker when he wants to be. We decided that any repeats of gifts from Target or Belk would be added to the gift cards and we would wait until we got up here to spend them once we unpacked and decided what we needed.  When we sat down to look at what we needed, I suddenly said "We need to get the carafe I registered for". Justin quickly looked at me with a weird face and asked "What is that?" (typical male). He had to Google it because he still didn't understand what it was and why I wanted it. My thought process= its FREEZING here and I enjoy using my parents when I am home. During winter weekends it would be nice to have to keep cider, coffee, or hot chocolate warm during the day. However, being the typical male he thought, that is not worth the money. He wanted other things... so I gave in (since marriage is about compromise) and didn't say anything about it. It was an ongoing joke for a week or so and decided... maybe for Christmas.

We got a package in yesterday. Justin had gotten it from the boat and brought it home. He said... looks like another wedding present. I quickly opened it... and guess what it was? The carafe! He had called my mom and asked her to help him find it on the registry and decided to get it and surprise me. Of course it came at the perfect time because he decided to go camping all weekend with the boys while I stayed home. He conveniently earned brownie points and it got him out of the "dog house". However, my dad explained to him that once he came back on Sunday he was back to zero points and had to start all over :)

This morning I left the carafe by the coffee pot and he put the extra coffee in it. Once I woke up, I had hot fresh tasting coffee! This was a happy girl. 


Lauren and Wesley gave Justin the advice when we were engaged that said: Happy Wife = Happy Life! They were correct :) Glad he took their advice!


1 comment: