Well, I am almost finished with decorating our new little nest. For reusing and trying to rework furniture and other things that both of us had from college, I am pretty proud of the almost final product. You have seen the "in between" picture with all of the boxes, but I wish I had documented the original apartment. Needless to say we have come a LONG way.
I knew in the beginning (because I am my mother's daughter) that any place I moved into would need a good cleaning.... even if it was cleaned before we moved in. I guess since I was so excited to be moving into a new place and not having to live out of my suitcases, I blocked out how much work needed to be done. It took a good while, but after lining kitchen drawers, deep cleaning, and putting a little touch of the south, I am pretty much finished. Justin and I conquered our spare bedroom last night and now you can actually walk into it without something falling on you... but that door is staying closed and used as our "storage bedroom".
I knew in the beginning (because I am my mother's daughter) that any place I moved into would need a good cleaning.... even if it was cleaned before we moved in. I guess since I was so excited to be moving into a new place and not having to live out of my suitcases, I blocked out how much work needed to be done. It took a good while, but after lining kitchen drawers, deep cleaning, and putting a little touch of the south, I am pretty much finished. Justin and I conquered our spare bedroom last night and now you can actually walk into it without something falling on you... but that door is staying closed and used as our "storage bedroom".
Here are a few pictures of what we have so far... (the lighting is not great in the apt so please bare with me):
Dining Room:
Dining Room:
Over the sink:
My little Pinterest project:
Kitchen:
Reminders of the south from Mrs. Candy! :)
Bathroom:
Baker's Rack:
Desk Area:
Look at this big living room area....LOTS of room for GUESTS to come visit :)
Added curtains yesterday:
You have done a beautiful job!
ReplyDelete