Justin and I decided to go explore and get out of the apartment today. It was cloudy, a little chilly, and spurts of drizzling rain all throughout the day. In my mind I was thinking "Its not a pretty day to go out and do things outside" but apparently this is very typical and I needed to enjoy "this weather" now because soon it will be too miserable to be outside. We were driving around exploring and he stopped on the side of the road where there were people fishing. He asked if I wanted to get out and stomp around. Needless to say, this south Georgia girl was a little skeptical. But I agreed and put on my new cute boots and was ready to go. We went down to the area and figured out people were catching salmon. He casted out a few times and then asked if I wanted to. I agreed and started doing a little fishing on my own. Apparently there is a specific way to catch these fish and I was not very successful for a while. However, I was bound and determined to catch something so I could document my first time as a fisherwoman!
Justin captured me in deep thought as I concentrated.
He was catching fish left and right and was determined to catch a huge
one so we could cook it for dinner. Once a few of the professional
looking people left, I decided to go down near his way and see if I
would have any better look. Within minutes I got this guy:
It took me longer to pick the slimy thing up than it did to reel him in. Justin was bound and determined to get one of the huge ones before we left. I was so excited I caught one I decided to try one more time.
Well, I guess I got lucky.... because this was my next big catch. After he saw it he said "Well, let's go home!"
Did you cook him! Not sure I would know where to begin!
ReplyDelete