One of the most exciting parts of my day is beginning to cook dinner for Justin and me. Sometimes he likes to help, but I tend to be a kitchen hog. It reminds me of watching my mom cook for us and my dad and that helps make it even more special when I am here. I have had a good bit of time on my hands and so I have pinning and researching away with some new recipes. I have had a few requests to share some of my favorite findings.
I found this recipe for me (its too healthy for Justin to try) but it has been wonderful with coffee in the mornings!
Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal, quick or old fashioned0 uncooked
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed with fork until creamy
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup raisins, or to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or more, to taste)
Since we have so much fish and halibut, this one was different and very good! It would be good with chicken or salmon too.
Dijon Crusted Halibut
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets halibut
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, and lemon juice. Stir in 1/4 cup bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Arrange fish fillets on the prepared baking sheet. Spread bread crumb mixture evenly over fish.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted margarine, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the coated halibut.
-
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
My parents are coming in a week and I am more than excited to see them and have some familiar faces. Justin and I are looking forward to showing them this neat town (and praying for better weather). Hoping this sweet face can tag along as well!
Sounds yummy!
ReplyDelete