Tuesday, August 7, 2012

July 26, 2012



Well.. I have almost made it. The beautiful orange sky with a mountain background was comforting as I landed in Anchorage about 1 a.m. It is summer in Alaska which means that it is daylight a good bit of the time. This  is a big change from when I came in December when it was getting daylight at 10:30am and getting dark at 3:30 pm.  After attempting several times to sleep in the airport, the anxious nerves to see my "husband" for the first time since our honeymoon got the best of me. So I am awake at 4 a.m. From the looks of the crowd around me, I am out of my element as I file my nails and look at the latest pins on Pinterest.  Another amusing moment was when I passed by the bear, moose, and puffin displays as I walked to my terminal Ha! Only in Alaska! No worries... This girl is going to turn these northerners into y'all talking and sweet tea drinking people before we know it! I also believe I am the first person to ever redo their makeup and straighten their hair in this bathroom before.... From the looks of the view  and the temperature at 60 degrees as I board my final plane to Kodiak, I realize I am not in Georgia anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment