Today was my birthday. Man... 24 years old! I still feel like I should be wearing smocked dresses and in elementary school rather than being married and having my Masters in Early Childhood. I woke up with a big cup of coffee and a big "Happy Birthday" from Justin. He brought me the cards and gift that my parents stuck in my suitcase. He said that he had a surprise for me when he got home and that we would do something special for dinner.
I spent the day trying to keep busy by cleaning and organizing. The many phone calls, texts, and Facebook messages were comforting. I began to think about how much has happened in the past year. This time last year I was in Valdosta going to the winery to celebrate with my girlfriends and Justin was in bootcamp! To think I finished my master's, got engaged, Justin graduated from bootcamp, moved to Alaska, we got married, AND I moved up here all in one year is A LOT!
When Justin got home I was greeted with flowers, a very sweet card, and a wrapped boxed. Justin can write his feelings better than anyone I know and the card brought big alligator tears to my face as I read the card that explained how happy he was and how thankful he was that I was making our apartment like a home. As I opened the box, I realized how much he really does know me. Inside were a pair of Bogs. Bogs are kind of like hardcore rainboots. They were A LOT cuter than the stylish xtratufs I had on in the proposal pictures. :) He knows me well because if I have to wear all of these winter clothes, at least I can try to look stylish wearing them!
We went to dinner at a local restaurant near the bay where all of this fishing boats are docked. We had sushi and enjoyed planning out our upcoming weekend together. I may have been 4,000 miles from home on my birthday, but it ended up being one I will never forget. We saw this beautiful site as we left the restaurant!
No comments:
Post a Comment