Saturday, July 6, 2013

Our Kitchen Transformation

As you know, we tore the kitchen apart to get the cabinets stained. It was a ton of work and pretty stressful to get it done before company came to town. Justin started this project around Father's Day and we just finished on Tuesday afternoon. It took sanding, several coats of stain, several clear coats, and LOTS of drying time in between.. but we did it! I told Justin I was tired of finding stuff out of our cabinet drawers on the kitchen floor when cooking and we HAVE to finish before Molly and Fisher come to visit. He met the deadline by the skin of his teeth (that's what he does best).

Before Picture:


   
After pictures:

 the lighting is not great on the first one... but this one down here really shows what it looks like:
Pretty nice transformation huh? It looks even better in person! We haven't chosen any hardware to put on the cabinets or drawers yet. That will be the next decision. We are also in the process of doing the light in the kitchen and in about two weeks I will do our bathroom cabinets.

1 comment:

  1. The cabinets looked GREAT as did the rest of your adorable house! You KNOW you didn't have to finish them before our visit!

    Fisher and I had the best time visiting y'all! We can't wait to come back, and hopefully do a better time catching some red fish!

    Love y'all both!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete