Saturday, July 20, 2013

Fred the Red

I caught the "fish fever" a few weekends ago when Molly and Fisher came to visit. The boys took us out on the boat for a sunset cruise but us girls ended up fishing and had a lot of fun. We didn't catch much.. which made me determined to go again.

Justin usually has Fridays off which has been nice during the summer because we are able to spend time together and get things done around the house. He asked if I wanted to get up early and go fishing yesterday. I said yes because I was itching to see if I could beat him and catch more fish. (His track record hasn't been great since he has been here-- so I wanted to make it a little competition). I agreed and we were up at 4:30 am. I was also anxious to see a morning sunrise on the water. I knew the sunsets were beautiful so I knew a cool morning sunrise would be a perfect way to start the day. I was right...

My warm coffee in my hand and surrounded by a beautiful sky made me very happy!

We had a great time fishing. I think he was really trying hard to help me catch a fish. He kept moving the boat, giving me all of this advice, and sometimes taking the rod because he wanted to throw it out in the "perfect" spot for me. But I don't think it is your fish unless you do it all... cast it out and reel it in.  Over the course of the morning I caught 2 and he caught 1. One of mine was thrown back because it was 1 inch shorter than what your allowed to keep. BUT 2 is greater than 1 so I BEAT HIM! :) Plus my fish was an inch bigger than his fish! 



Yes I am holding that thing just like I did that Salmon in Alaska. I named him: Fred.. the red. (Its a redfish). We are eating him for dinner tonight!

He was a spoiled sport and didn't like getting beat by a girl... especially one as inexperienced as I am. But he got over it. I told him now that I have a license we need to go more together. But he needs to calm down, quit getting so worked up, and actually enjoy fishing. He is very impatient and so once he just lets me do my thing and he does his... he will enjoy it way more. I really just wanted to go for the experience and spend time together. I'll keep you posted on our next competition... the pressure is on to see who will win next!

Well... its Saturday. I LOVE Saturdays. I was able to sleep in (8:15 haha) and enjoy coffee and breakfast while Pinteresting and listening to the news. Now its laundry, cleaning, and starting to stain the bathroom cabinets. We are going to fire up the Green Egg and do dinner. It sounds like a perfect Saturday to me!

Happy Weekend everybody! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great and interesting post ... keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete