Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Big Surprise is Revealed: Our New City to Conquer


It has been a very stressful/exciting week looking at the list of 20 picks to choose from. Well… Our New Year’s Resolution was to move closer to home....and we are doing it!  First of all, it was one of the closest picks on the list (besides one pick in Florida). This town has:

a Crossfit gym:


                                        

 a Target,
                                 

 Hobby Lobby,
                                      
AND a shopping mall! What will I do with myself? We are moving to Houma, Louisiana. Justin will be working about 20 miles south in Dulac, LA on an Aids to Navigation Team. This job will allow him to come home every night, weekends off, and no duty! Woo hoo! I can’t believe I will actually have my husband back!


It is about a 9 ½ hour drive from Dublin, but it beats 3 plane rides and 16 hours of travel time. We are about 50 miles from New Orleans… so I believe we will be making a few weekend getaway trips for a little fun! Anyone want to join us?


We are looking forward to good food, Cajun culture, warm weather, and a lot of fun for the next few years! I am pumped to only be a 1 hour time change from everyone instead of 4! You wouldn’t believe how hard it is to communicate with everyone when I am four hours behind ya’ll! We wanted the south and we got it! We are about 4-5 hours from Monroe, Louisiana where Justin’s favorite show Duck Dynasty is filmed. Apparently the show “Swamp People” is filmed in Louisiana as well….. no comment…. BUT like any other city, it will be an adventure.  Here is a link to the city website if you would like to see what all it has to offer:  http://houmatravel.com/

I may need to change my blog title to “The Hillbilly Housewife of Louisiana”… I’ll go from driving Rhinos and seeing  puffins in Alaska to riding around in the swamps of Louisiana and chasing alligators. However, if I do have the shopping malls, my husband and dogs, and more southern things to get into, I will be perfectly content! Another chapter will soon be closed and a new one is about to begin. Can’t wait! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment