Well, Brody and I made it back to Alaska safe and sound.
It was definitely an experience traveling with a pet. He got a lot of attention in the airport and on the plane. There were two comments by men that annoyed me. One asked if he was a cat and the other man referred to him as "eagle bait". My motherly instincts kicked in and I wanted to punch both of them in the face. However, my southern manners took place and I just smiled and thought in my head... "bless their hearts". The airport that I felt the most comfortable letting him walk around in was the Anchorage airport. He bopped around like he owned the place.
He didn't bark during the flights.. but I hardly think he slept. When we got to Kodiak, this boy was ready to run free. We got to the apartment and he sniffed around and quickly made himself at home.He doesn't seem to like the cold weather or the wet ground. I have a feeling he will remain a house dog for the next two months. He traveled across the parking lot to Craig and Natalie's house and had a big time! The time change and traveling caught up with them about 9:00 last night. He couldn't keep his head up. The man-cave is now his room and he slept their all night. He still won't leave my side... if I leave the room he will follow. Hopefully he will get adjusted and not be too bored here! :)
He really liked the puffin! I guess we have that in common! Like mother, like son :)



No comments:
Post a Comment