Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year- 2013

I was looking back at two albums of pictures entitled “2012 memories” and “Alaska 2012” today and reminisced about this past year. Wow what a year it has been. My brother got married, my nephew was born, I got married, I got my master’s degree, I moved to Alaska, friends got engaged and married, a stable job for 5 months, new friends, new family… the list goes on and on. I think this past year has been the biggest one yet. I have a feeling 2013 is going to be pretty awesome too. We find out at the end of the month where we will be stationed for the next 2 ½ years. We are anxious and excited to see where God’s plan takes us. Our new year’s resolution was to move closer to home. I unless we are stationed in Guam or Hawaii, anything else will be closer so we have a pretty promising chance to keep that resolution. :) 2013 will be filled with adventures: more weddings, a new city, a new puppy, new adventures, more life changes… what could be better?


Everyone has been asking: How is Alaska? Are you ready to go back? Why are you going back to be alone? Well… to answer your questions: Alaska is good. It is especially good for me. Am I ready to go back? I am. I have thoroughly enjoyed my trip home. Visiting friends and family is just what I wanted and needed. I am ready to get back into the lifestyle that I have made in our home together. Some people think I am crazy for going back to be by myself. It would be easier to stay at home, find a temporary job, and be with family and friends…. BUT I married a military man and with that came the certainties of lonely times. However, I want to prove to myself that I can do this and succeed. Plus it is not that long and I want to come back with more memories and amusing stories of Brody and I conquering Alaska together!

I think it is going to be another great year. It is scary to think how fast time flies… but with such an amazing life, each year gets better and better! I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us this year. As Brother Steve said this past Sunday… I hope everyone has a BLESSED New Year! I really think it will be! 


1 comment: