Sorry for slacking on my blog posts... with Thanksgiving break approaching, I have report cards and 23 family conferences to prepare for! Hurry up next Wednesday!
Since the weather is so cold here, I keep feeling like it should be winter... not Fall! I have been setting my Pandora station to Christmas (sadly before Halloween was even here)! haha SHHH! My mom surprised and mailed me up all of my ornaments from growing up a few weeks ago. My grandmother makes us an ornament every single year so that we will have enough to fill our own Christmas tree when the time comes. Its hard to believe this will be my first Christmas tree as a married woman! She also surprised me with a smocked monogram ornament and a handmade Christmas tree skirt. To say that I was excited would be an understatement. My mom has been smocking ornaments since before I was born. Our Christmas tree at home is covered in them and I think I love them more than anything on the tree. When I got one in my package to put on my first tree I had the biggest smile on my face! Isn't it gorgeous?
Justin and I went to the one and only store here that would carry anything Christmas.... can you take a guess? Oh yes... Walmart! We went on and got a tree stand, a few more ornaments, and some lights. Next Friday we are going to have Christmas-palooza at our house. We are cutting down our own tree, decorating it, and decorating the house. He will be leaving in about 3 weeks so we are starting right after Thanksgiving! I'll post pictures of our decorating apartment next weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment