It has been an amazing year. A proposal, my brother getting married, my nephew being born, our wedding, a master's degree, a big move to Alaska, and a stable job for 5 months. Wow! I have the best family and friends a girl could ask for. My husband is amazing and I could not be happier. Although we will not be home with you this Thanksgiving, we will be thinking of you all day long.
Most people wish for a white Christmas.... well here in Alaska we get a white Thanksgiving!
This WAS taken yesterday because it is still dark outside this morning.. but you get the picture. It is absolutely beautiful here. I am starting to get used to the cold. I actually drove to the store with just a sweatshirt on, an earband, and some light gloves after I took this picture. You better believe I had those bogs and snow cleats on though! :)
Well, I am off to begin cooking for our day today! We are getting together with 6 other people that do not have family here for Thanksgiving. The boys are attempting to fry a turkey (pray they don't hurt themselves-- i'm sure adult beverages will be consumed while they do this) I'm a little nervous to prepare my first Thanksgiving meal... it has always been my grandmother's job! I am however excited to experience our first Thanksgiving as a married couple.
If you are reading this... know that you are very loved and missed! I can't wait to see you in 30 days! Oh yes... one month from Saturday this girl will be walking through the Atlanta airport with the biggest smile on her face and probably a few happy tears in her eyes!
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment