One Saturday morning I was hinting about how pretty the weather was and how I wish he would take me fishing. (Duck hunting took over his life and it was FINALLY over- so I thought I deserved a day on the water). He agreed and we did a little spur of the moment trip that afternoon. Well, the weather man lied... man did he lie. We got out there and the wind was howling and I went from shorts at the house to wearing my Alaska gear in the boat. The sun was hidden and it looked like rain. Justin was getting frustrated and I just laughed and tried to make the best of it. He was ready to leave and I agreed but asked if I could throw my line out one more time. As soon as it hit the water I had a bite that almost took me in with it. I ended up with this guy.
Justin's bad attitude quickly turned around and then he wanted to try. His next hit was this one:
It like this for the next hour. It was a blast. Every time it hit the water we were pulling out these giant red fish. I found a "honey hole" apparently. I have never seen anything like it in my life. We had a blast. Brody was even enjoying our little family day.
He kept a good distance since they were twice his size! But he never misses a photo opt. A spur of the moment trip that we were thinking was a bust turned out to be a day we will never forget. This is one of those fishing stories I had to document with pictures so when I would tell it and said "It was THIS big" people would actually believe me!


No comments:
Post a Comment