Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Bahamas

We decided to take a little family outing today to... the... uh.. "Bahamas". Now you may be wondering how we could make the trip in a day. However this is not the typical white beaches of the Bahamas that you or I would imagine. Well my friends... we went here.. to the Kajun Bahamas.

 Yes... look closely... this is a volleyball goal in the middle of the ocean.

It was quite hilarious. It was kinda out in the middle of nowhere. I was hoping to see lots of people out here drinking and having their own (as Craig Morgan would say) Redneck Yacht Club. But sadly it was only us. We made the best of it and had a lot of fun. 

The children had a lot of fun too. I knew Sadie would be all in the water.


But I didn't know this one would be as excited to get in:

Oh yes he is swimming on his own like a champ. He had a big time in the water. I think we need to invest in an xxs life jacket from Pets Mart.


After the dogs were tired of swimming we decided to ride around a little more. My captain had on quite an interesting uniform when I turned around... (gosh he would kill me if he knew I was posting this)

                                       



He used my coverup as a nice scarf to protect him from the sun. Looks nice with the camo boat huh?
                                           

B and I sat on the front, caught some rays, and hunted for alligators all the way home! :)

These puppies have been asleep the ENTIRE afternoon. We may need to do this more often. Who knows.. we may be in the back of a scene from Swamp People soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment