Friday, June 21, 2013

Houma-lone

Most of you know that Brody had some teeth problems late last week. I figured out really quickly that he was not eating and in a lot of pain. After researching the vets here, I decided I needed to make a quick trip back to Dublin to get him taken care of.

I set off last Friday around lunch and headed east to Dublin. With one stop for gas, I made it home in 9 1/2 hours. I had a lot of time to think, sing, and catch up on the latest tunes on the XM. Poor Brody was hurting and tired of hearing me belt out the high notes to songs to help keep me awake. Over the course of the weekend I got to see some very special friends. It was nice to see them, my family, and my hometown. Most of my week consisted of writing lesson plans and getting things for my classroom together. I got to spend Father's day with my dad.. which was also a plus :)

Monday morning I took B to the vet. That afternoon they called to tell me they took 6 teeth out of his mouth. My first response was, "well dang.. how many does he have left?". He was pretty drugged up and loopy when I picked him up. This was taken after we got home:


 

                                    

Pitiful right? The dog was in dire need of a haircut too (which he got before he left) . Please notice his Ugg boot on his left foot... he will be rocking that for the next few weeks until the hair grows back out from where they shaved it for his IV. However on a better note he is doing much better, looks great, and is eating normally again. Sadie was very happy to see him last night.

Justin seemed happy to see me too. I was happy to be home until I looked at the house. Ladies... WARNING: If you leave your husband alone for 6 days... don't expect the house to be how you left it.... CLEAN. The picture doesn't do justice:


                                 
Dead flowers in the vase, clothes everywhere, drawers open, bed unmade, enough dog hair on the floor to make a fur coat, dirty laundry, and the kitchen destroyed. In his defense.. the reason why my silverware cabinet is on the coffee table and the cabinets are off the walls is because he did the first coat of staining our cabinets. That's the only thing that got him out of the doghouse on this one. The very nice Juliska coffee mugs were in our laundry basket on the kitchen floor.. oh..em.. gee! Needless to say I had a lot of work to do last night. But after getting everything somewhat back to order, it feels good to be back.

The next blog will be the detailed pictures of the cabinet staining process! We have done two coats already and they look 100000 times better! :)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment