Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Latest Pinterest Project

Today has been a very rainy day. The power has been out, lightening striking, and tornado warnings. I have a feeling this is going to be normal for our new city. I knew that today would be the perfect day to do a Pinterest project I have had my eye on for months. Yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby (which was amazing and I spent WAYYY too much time in there because it’s one of my favorite places to go). I got all the supplies for my project and some other home decor things for the house.

When we got engaged, Wesley's parents sent us two books that were probably the two most beneficial books we have read in a long time. They were "Things I Should Have Known Before I Got Married" and "The Five Love Languages".  Justin and I both read them separately and discussed them during our engagement. If you are not familiar with the "love languages", they are: physical touch, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service, and words of affirmation. Everyone has a love language that needs to be fulfilled by their spouse in order for them to feel loved and happy. Before we discussed the books we played a game to see if we could guess the other persons top two love languages. I guess we know each other pretty well because we were both correct on our guesses for each other. 

I believe everyone (no matter who you are) wants to feel appreciated and loved. This Pinterest project is a combination of two of the love languages... acts of service and words of affirmation. It is a frame that has scrapbook paper underneath it that will serve as a dry-erase board. Basically whenever we feel like giving words of affirmation about acts of service or just because we want to say something nice about each other, we have a chance to do it here. We can surprise one another whenever we feel like changing the sentence.



Justin has not seen this yet. I have a feeling he is going to like it! He is wonderful about leaving sweet notes for me in the kitchen when he leaves for work. I think this will be a wonderful way for us to express how much we love each other when we do acts of service for one another or to say I love you "just because".

I think my first sentence for him will say: I love YOU because... you hang curtain rods and pictures for me after a long day at work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment