Monday, May 6, 2013

Loving Louisiana

We are getting settled and loving Louisiana. We are also enjoying being homeowners. We have quickly learned that there is ALWAYS something that needs to be done when owning a home, but we have had a lot of fun getting to work together on little projects around the house.

Wow, what a week. This time last week I was anxiously preparing for job interviews. This week I am covered in paint and catching up on the latest songs on the radio. I am excited to say that I am employed for the upcoming school year! Woo hoo! The little school is located in Dulac (where Justin is working) and its only a few miles from my house. I had the opportunity to visit on Friday for the day and experience a real school day. I think it is going to be a wonderful place! Everyone is so nice! Gosh its great to be back in the South! :) I have a few things planned to go to with the teachers in the next few weeks. I am looking forward to making some friends and finally starting my teaching career. When I am not working on house stuff I am on Pinterest looking for ideas for my classroom and new 1st grade babies!

This weeks agenda looks like painting, painting, painting. I wish I had taken a before and after picture of our first room. If you didn't know, Justin's mancave/office/dog bedroom was light pink when we moved in. Manly right? I know! So of course that was the FIRST room he wanted to redo. He also wouldn't unpack his office stuff until we got the room painted so he could hang pictures, gun racks, and a deer head all at the same time. So I knew that this needed to be first so we could go on and continue to get settled. He got to pick the color and he can decorate it however he wants. We are almost finished with that room. It looks much better! Hoping to finish today when he gets home from work and then put the furniture back in tomorrow. My project today is our guest bathroom. It is bright gold and not our style. (I'll take a before and after picture for you). After that I am off to work on the guest bedroom. If you know me, you know that I am not a great painter. While Justin worked on the mancave yesterday, I was painting our coffee table and a bathroom shelf.  This should be VERY interesting.

I am also starting back Crossfit tonight. Not sure if my muscles are ready, but we are jumping in! I know it will be a lot of fun and a great way to stay in shape (so I can indulge in all of this Cajun cuisine) and meet some younger aged people!


Well... its off to painting! Wish me luck! Pictures will be up later on this week :)

1 comment: