Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Salmon Berry Crisp

We are getting into the food that is native to Alaska. Saturday night we had Salmon... and for dessert the boys went and picked salmon berries for us. Salmon berries are kind of like raspberries, but not as tart. They are delicious! Since we had a good bit from our Labor Day picking and Saturday's picking, I decided to use them for dessert! Well... there are not any recipes with salmon berries (that I could find). So I got creative and found a berry crisp recipe and substituted it.

This is how it turned out!
Holy cow it was good (if I do say so myself). I had been wanting a homemade cobbler for quite a while now... so this was the perfect way to end dinner (with a BIG scoop of ice cream on top). 



The next morning we cooked grits for breakfast. Yes... I said grits! I FOUND them at the grocery store on base. I guess there are enough of us "southern" people up there that someone requested them. You better believe I got a big container of them just in case they run out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment