Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy Husband ALSO = Happy Life :)

I have come to the conclusion that the saying: Happy Wife= Happy Life also works both ways! For newlyweds and married couples... you know how difficult it is to live with someone for the first time. Ladies... especially boys! My husband is not the cleanest man who has ever walked the earth. He has more (hunting/fishing/technology/4 wheeler/truck) stuff than any 25 year old should ever have. I blame it on Amazon... one click and its done! 
Anyways... back to my story. It has been quite a change living with a man for the first time.  I am very organized, clean, and hate stuff just lying around. Maybe because I am a woman, or maybe because I am just nuts... who knows. I have never had a problem because my female roommates have always been the same way! Justin didn't have a desk or his own little place to have his stuff and we quickly realized in order for him not to kill me for moving his stuff around and me to not kill him for being so messy... we needed to make a change.  

Our spare bedroom was full of boxes and other storage items. I decided to turn it into a "Man Cave".  I believe every many should have one... because it solves many problems.  However, there was only one problem with our "future man cave".... you could barely walk through the door it was so messy.

I was on a mission on a night when Justin had duty and wasn't going to be home until the next morning. I went to Walmart (because there is not another store in town) and bought him a desk. Now if you know me well... you know I don't do directions very well, and I DEFINITELY can't put things together by myself. (Why should I... I have Justin!!) haha :) However, I knew that he had surprised me a good bit since I have been here... and I wanted to do this for him. It took 2 hours to build a tiny wooden desk and another 1 1/2 hours to clean out the room and put the desk in it, but I did it! WOO HOO!

I didn't tell Justin and he walked by the room and saw the product. He looked like a little kid at Christmas. It was well worth the work!



I agreed to not clean or do anything to his stuff. It does not look this clean anymore... but hey... no man cave should ever be clean!

Lauren now my advice to you: Happy Husband also = happy life...OH AND make him a man cave!

No comments:

Post a Comment