Sunday, October 6, 2013

First Grade is a Hoot!

I decided that since I have been slacking on my blog, you could at least see what my life consists of for 15 hours a day 7 days a week... my classroom/job.

I decided to go with the Owl Theme this year. I love bright colors and a welcoming atmosphere... especially since I spend so much time in the room. Plus the kids love fun colors and lots of excitement.

This room went through a HUGE makeover. I started working on it the week before school started... with no air conditioning. I spent a lot of time going through things, organizing, and getting everything the way I wanted it because it was finally time for me to have my OWN classroom. Now I think all year long it will be a "trial and error" thing. I change things ALL of the time to make things easier for me and my kids. However, I am pretty happy with how things have turned out so far!

Here is my bulletin board outside of my room:

Here are a few "Before Pictures":
 



And now.... my transformation:

                                                               My guided reading table.
 My students are broken into three groups. They are in U shapes because when I am doing my small math groups I roll my char in the middle and can get to all of the students easily.

This is in between each U of desks. They put their take home binders in the basket. All of their extra supplies are in the bins. I have a table helper each week. They are in charge of passing out everything the tables need.


 Data Wall: Students move up every time they get a higher school on our reading and math computer activities.

                                                                         Word Wall



No comments:

Post a Comment