We met my parents and went to a neat restaurant in New Orleans for dinner. I was ready for bed by 7:00 because of not sleeping much on the plane the night before.
The next morning we woke up and headed to Houma to meet with a realtor. We looked at about 10 houses. I was a little nervous because after seeing most of them, I did not think we were going to find anything decent in our price range. However, one of the last houses we saw stole my heart. It had everything we were looking for: a big fenced in backyard, two car garage, three bed, 2 bath little starter home. We ended up meeting with the lender, making an offer, and on Saturday the sellers accepted!
Justin and I are now homeowners!
I am now learning how to be a grown-up and learning about appraisals, mortgages, inspections, and loans. I cannot believe I am old enough to be doing all of these things-- especially owning a house!
We could not be more excited and cant wait to start a new chapter in Houma, LA next month! The town is super neat and filled with things to do! It will be much different from Alaska, but we are looking forward to seeing what this new city will bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment