Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Life Lately

Wow it has been a while since I have posted. SORRY guys! It has been a crazy few weeks. I promise I will be getting better about updates in the next few weeks.

I am looking at the name of this blog... "The Real Housewife of Alaska"... hmm... the name doesn't apply anymore. Gotta think of a new one! Suggestions are appreciated! :)

Well the past few weeks I have been getting the paperwork for the house together, buying/refinishing furniture, collecting furniture from all over the state, filling out paperwork for substitute teaching, finishing my Louisiana teaching certification, completing teaching applications, and babysitting my sweet nephew. Whew!

It has been a crazy few weeks, but it has been very productive. I finally realized that I am now a grown up. I didn't realize I was one after I got married, when I moved to Alaska, OR after I bought the house. I realized I was a grown-up when we would go to Macon or any other city shopping and I only went into craft, antique, fabric, or home decor stores. NOT a single shoe or clothing store. PLUS I went to Lowe's on Friday night in Macon with my parents (without complaining- and actually excitement) and was obsessed with the appliances and all of the other home items in there. Major reality check.... I'm a grown up! AHH!!


Well, I am headed to Atlanta tomorrow to see some of my best friends, fly out Thursday to see Justin for the first time since New Years Day, and his graduation is Friday. We will then spend a week visiting family and next weekend is Wesley and Lauren's wedding! After that we will pick up our new lab Sadie, come back to Dublin to pack up our household goods that are here, and hop in the U-haul and head to Houma... which will be our new Home-a. This A-school has made us have a  long distance for 99 days (not to mention all of the other times he was away this past year and a half). Excited to think we will actually be traveling together and knowing that we will conquer this new city TOGETHER with no long distance will be extra special! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment