Saturday, February 9, 2013

B's Alaskan Adventures

I still watch Coast Guard Alaska even up here. I have met some friends that are on the show and it is still neat to me to watch the show and see the city that I live in on TV. The men and women of the Coast Guard do some amazing things on a daily basis. One of the neatest experiences is being on base on a clear day and watching the helicopters and planes taking off down the runway. I always wonder... who are they going to rescue this time? 

Brody and I went to base last week to do some laundry. Since it wasn't raining or snowing for once, I got to take him on a long walk while we waited for the laundry. As we were walking, we saw the airplane begin to take off down the runway. 


Brody did not know what to think with all of the noises. At first, he was fascinated. Then he was pretty scared! I took this before he wanted to go the other direction.

Oh the things that we are getting to see and  experience together! Just another day in Alaska!

1 comment:

  1. Scotty & Louise JonesFebruary 9, 2013 at 4:33 PM

    He would really like to ride in a helicopter before he leaves.

    ReplyDelete