Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Simply Wonderful Sunday Afternoon

I am trying to savor every last moment I can with Justin. I’ll see him again at Christmas, but it’s our last week together in Kodiak.  We decided to go out and ride today for our last weekend together.  We thought what better way to spend our last Sunday going out to the place where it all began…. our engagement spot. I was a little nervous and excited this time, because I knew we were going somewhere special. Neither one of us have been there since the day it happened last December. It was a beautiful day- just like it was last time. We got there and when I saw the spot I instantly began smiling. 


I remember the day like it was yesterday. I had walked off the plane only a few hours before the big surprise. Justin was pretty quiet on the ride out (he says he was nervous). I remember him going over to his buddies and talking to them for a bit. I was soaking up the beautiful scenery and didn’t know what was about to hit me. What I thought was a photo shoot turned into something way more. It was not nearly as cold as it was last time because the wind was not blowing near as hard. I still have a million layers on so I look like a huge cow.... and the snow pants do nothing for my figure either!
 




We tried to reenact the pictures just for fun. However, we threw in a few twists. I decided to pop the question this time… 

 
he said yes... woo hoo! 


 And of course we couldn’t forget the infamous “jump in your arms” picture. After I said yes he grabbed me up with excitement.
I should have worn the beautiful brown xtra tuffs like I did last time, but I decided to wear my pretty ones instead.


 

As we drove off, I looked back at the spot one last time. We may never get a chance to go back there together. When I drove off last December I kept wiggling the shiny new engagement ring inside my glove thinking “oh man, life can’t get any better”.  But since that day, it is even better than I ever imagined. This time, I got to drive home with my husband wiggling both of my rings inside my glove and thought “oh man, life keeps getting better and better!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures & great blog!

    I feel like I am there with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mr. Scotty! Love and miss you and CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU SO SO SOON!

    ReplyDelete